Hashes.Org Left Manager (HOLM)

Post general questions, ask for help or post proposals here.
s3in!c
Administrator

Hashes.Org Left Manager (HOLM)

Postby s3in!c » Mon 5. Oct 2015, 08:55

As the left list for Hashes.org is generated only once a day, we introduce a tool called HOLM which connects to Hashes.org via API and gets always the latest hash updates (removing founds, adding new hashes). This will reduce the traffic on the server and the clients and it makes it possible to crack new hashes much faster.

You can follow the project here: https://redmine.coray-web.ch/projects/holm
Download here (Currently just windows): https://redmine.coray-web.ch/projects/holm/files

Just remember this is the first version and written in a very short time, it might happen that it crashes sometimes. I'm very happy if you would tell me about the experience with it and post here or on the project page if you found a bug or have proposals for improvements.

Just a small notice:
It can happen that the tool eats up to 100% of you CPU as it's heavily multithreading and during download of the files and depending on your data connection the load can go up temporarily. During normal synchronisation if you let it running, it won't need much ressources.

Usage:
When you start the application, you can tick all the lists you want to have synced, after this press 'Start/Stop sync'. Depending on how many lists you selected and how fast your internet is, it takes some time to download the initial lists. After this it will check the lists with the server and start downloading updates. After all updates are downloaded and as Status of the list 'Up to date!' is shown you can generate the actual left list. Press the button 'Generate' and select a path to save to. The application will extract the basic left file, do some merging with updates and there you have the actual left list. For the 32-hex lists you can select if you want to generate all of them or just one of the parts by selecting in the dropdown and press 'Single'.

The application will create a folder 'data' which will need the space for all lists you sync plus some additional space (depending on how long you sync, 5-20MB). When you close the application you won't loose your data. The application starts to synchronise from the last point it stopped and not from the beginning again.

s3in!c
Administrator

Re: Hashes.Org Left Manager (HOLM)

Postby s3in!c » Mon 5. Oct 2015, 12:33

I uploaded a slightly improved version of HOLM with a little less logging so it's more informative what is shown in the window.

You can get it here: https://redmine.coray-web.ch/attachment ... _v1.0.1.7z

denis

Postby denis » Tue 6. Oct 2015, 08:12

Hi s3in!c!

Nice tool, but isn't woking for me :)

I got err when starting the app: "This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows".

s3in!c
Administrator

Postby s3in!c » Tue 6. Oct 2015, 08:20

Hi s3in!c!

Nice tool, but isn't woking for me :)

I got err when starting the app: "This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows".
Try putting the appended .dll file into the directory of the .exe and try again.
Attachments
libEGL.7z
(6.5 KiB) Downloaded 270 times

denis

Postby denis » Tue 6. Oct 2015, 10:08

hmm, no, the same error happens.
tested on w7 x86 and x64 and xp.

google said: try qwindows.dll, i download it, but w/o any sucess too.

thx 4 ur help!

s3in!c
Administrator

Postby s3in!c » Tue 6. Oct 2015, 11:27

hmm, no, the same error happens.
tested on w7 x86 and x64 and xp.

google said: try qwindows.dll, i download it, but w/o any sucess too.

thx 4 ur help!
Could you try with the fully deployed version you can get here: https://redmine.coray-web.ch/attachment ... ldeploy.7z

UPDATE:

With this fulldeploy version it should work, I tested it on a clean windows system.

denis

Postby denis » Tue 6. Oct 2015, 11:52

It works bro!

And as I tested - platforms/qwindows.dll is enough in addition.

Thank you, let's some play with it. :D

s3in!c
Administrator

Postby s3in!c » Mon 12. Oct 2015, 06:37

New version of HOLM released!

Get informations about changes here: https://redmine.coray-web.ch/versions/6
You can download it here: https://redmine.coray-web.ch/projects/holm/files

Due to a small error in the backend with the synchronisation it is recommended to clear the data directory, at least delete all identifier files (.7z not required).

Enjoy ;)

tibit

Postby tibit » Tue 27. Oct 2015, 15:14

HOLM doesn't seem to be working today?
Connection to API failed (on every device).

Any solution?
thank you

tibit

s3in!c
Administrator

Postby s3in!c » Wed 28. Oct 2015, 07:20

HOLM doesn't seem to be working today?
Connection to API failed (on every device).

Any solution?
thank you

tibit
Hi tibit

thanks for the message, it was a source code bug, causing some whitespaces at the beginning of every document so the api still worked but was not readable by HOLM anymore. It works again now.

Return to “General”