General Help (Read Me)

winxp5421

General Help (Read Me)

Postby winxp5421 » Sat 23. Jul 2016, 18:00

If you are having issues before you create a thread here make sure you have done these things.

1. If you are having client issues the beta requires you to run your client with our modified Hashcat 3.0 binary and have "nocheck" enabled "hashtopus.exe nocheck"

This disables driver version checking and Hashcat auto download.
If you have ran hashtopus.exe without nocheck you need to delete your Hashcat dir and manually extract the hashcat-3.00.7z included in wwwroot/static/hashcat-3.00.7z you NEED to use this version as there is an issue with benchmarking tasks properly with the standard Hashcat 3.0 binary.
you can also remedy the above by pointing the hashtopussy server's Hashcat releases to download the version from static/ instead of hashcat.net in this case you would not have to run the nocheck option on your clients with the exception of cpu only clients they still need nocheck enabled

2. The beta is only compatible with Hashcat 3.0 if you want legacy support have a look here https://bitbucket.org/seinlc/hashtopuss ... 0452c0ded7

Having a server problem such as viewing tasks try the "Fix Me" button ;)

winxp5421

Re: General Help (Read Me)

Postby winxp5421 » Sat 13. Aug 2016, 19:37

Hashcat Beta has fixed the above issues, No check is no longer required if you build the latest version of hashcat.

The above will not change until hashcat has released an official update.

Return to “Help & FAQ”