Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user; need some help submitting founds.
Hey guys, first of all thanks for having this community; I love it already and I've been looking for a place like this.

I started practicing with my new cracking rig on the Game-Tuts VBulletin Database of hashes. I have idk, maybe 20 or 50 so far, but just starting cracking.

I have a potfile from Hashcat, in .potfile (can be converted to .txt or pretty much whatever) in the following format:

Code:
74fb67bf1473bbdeb85e458b60ce4df4:d&*:24green
6ebbaf67dcc2790ea362ff05f05dfae1:~c*:21sean
54fa8445863078c137b905fa1cbe7741:J-+:77password

I was going to upload the found, but I had some questions about filling out the form, and already having read https://hashes.org/algorithms.php and https://s3inlc.wordpress.com/2017/11/10/...hashes-org, I figured I'd come here since I still quite didn't get it.

What exactly do I need for fill out for "Algorithm?" The Game-Tuts database is VBulletin, but I'm sure I don't just type that in plaintext by the look of the above websites. If I have to get a string or something to feed the algorithm to Hashes.org, I'm not sure where or how to do so.

Also a bit confused on Hash/Salt/Found Separator. Looking at my above potfile, I'd assume I would submit the following in that field:

::

Since there's two colons to seperate hash and salt, right?

Then I guess, "Found hashes are salted" is simple. I'd check yes in this case, but if my list looked like,

54fa8445863078c137b905fa1cbe7741:77password

...with no salt, I'd not check it.

Thanks for confirming or denying this stuff, and answering these questions anyone / everyone! Happy to be here Smile
You got most of the stuff correctly. A hash is considered salted, as soon as it has a separate part which is the salt, e.g. the vBulletin hashes. On the other case for example a bcrypt hash is not "salted", as the hash is integrated into the hash and therefore no separate field is provided.

Regarding the algorithm, in the case of vBulletin you can either specify the explicit algorithm (which is md5(md5(pass)salt) ) or just VBULLETIN, as this common used algorithm is accepted directly. So you can specify VBULLETIN or MD5(MD5(PLAIN)SALT), whatever you prefer.
The algorithm always specifies how the plain (and eventually salt) should be hashed to get the provided hash. I'm aware that in some cases it sounds a bit like an overkill, but the way that you can just enter any algorithm makes it very flexible for all variations and combinations of algorithms.

About the separator:
If you have such a found (54fa8445863078c137b905fa1cbe7741:77password) you just specify one colon as the separator, and also if you have a salted one (like 74fb67bf1473bbdeb85e458b60ce4df4:d&*:24green). The separator is used to split the line into hash and plain (and the salt, if contained). The reason why there is the possibility to provide the separator is when the salt contains also a colon, e.g c470bda0d58fd2d796c8e904d5718b2c:6:8:test as in this case it would not be possible for hashes.org to determine which parts are the plain and which the salt (6:8 and test vs. 6 and 8:test). In this case you should set the separator to something which is not contained in the salt (even multichar if you like) and then provide the hash : salt : plain combination with this. E.g. c470bda0d58fd2d796c8e904d5718b2c++6:8++test (++ as separator).

If you have any further question or need more examples, let me know. Happy cracking!