Hashes.org Forum
Solving Junk Founds - Printable Version

+- Hashes.org Forum (https://hashes.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Hashes.org (https://hashes.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General (https://hashes.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Solving Junk Founds (/showthread.php?tid=72)

Solving Junk Founds - Caseynova - 02-18-2019

I've been doing some analysis of the founds and in particular the "junks". Quite a lot of these are just misdiagnosed original hashes and can still be solved.

E.g. a MD5X2 hash has been cracked as MD5, giving the "inner" MD5 hash as the "password" which then gets identified as a junk result. 

Now I'm happy to clean up the "junk" and in the example above, recrack the original hash as MD5X2, but my question is, whether once flagged as "found", a new upload will overwrite the currently incorrect algorithm and password?

RE: Solving Junk Founds - s3in!c - 02-18-2019

Unfortunately you cannot just re-submit these fixed founds to fix them. Because as soon as a hash is found it gets (obviously) removed from the left list and can then not be matched again on found uploads.

But of course it would be nice to fix this "wrong" founds to have their real plaintext stored instead of only the partially cracked one. If you would like to help cleaning up the junk from these founds, you can send me files with the fixed hashes and I'll internally fix them with a script. Beside the MD5X2 also a lot of partially cracked vBulletin hashes are in the junk as well.

Please note that beside junk2019, all other junk files were not updated since they were generated and therefore they might contain junk entries which were already fixed in the database. You can check in the search field to see how they are saved in the database or after some cleaning I can maybe run a manual re-generation of the old found/junk lists to see which junk is remaining.

RE: Solving Junk Founds - Caseynova - 02-18-2019

(02-18-2019, 10:53 AM)s3in!c Wrote: Unfortunately you cannot just re-submit these fixed founds to fix them. Because as soon as a hash is found it gets (obviously) removed from the left list and can then not be matched again on found uploads.

But of course it would be nice to fix this "wrong" founds to have their real plaintext stored instead of only the partially cracked one. If you would like to help cleaning up the junk from these founds, you can send me files with the fixed hashes and I'll internally fix them with a script. Beside the MD5X2 also a lot of partially cracked vBulletin hashes are in the junk as well.

Please note that beside junk2019, all other junk files were not updated since they were generated and therefore they might contain junk entries which were already fixed in the database. You can check in the search field to see how they are saved in the database or after some cleaning I can maybe run a manual re-generation of the old found/junk lists to see which junk is remaining.

I thought that was the case with revised founds not being validated.

Will send through sorted by hashlist once I've cleaned a batch.

RE: Solving Junk Founds - s3in!c - 02-27-2019

Sorry about the delay, I just wanted to let you know that I received your email and I will process it as soon as I get the time.